What and when to post on social media as a business
Social media is now a vital business marketing strategy. Social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are a fantastic way of reaching customers, increasing awareness and essentially boosting sales and leads. This post discusses what you should and shouldn’t be doing on social media as well as how often you should post.
- Post too much - it will annoy your followers and may cause them to unfollow
- Get confrontational - it's easy to take users comments to heart, especially as a small business but remember your reaction needs to be professional.
- Post irrelevant content - if you've got nothing to post, don't post! Posting for the sake of it is obvious to users and looks unprofessional
- Post sufficient information - users will probably come to your social media and want to find things such as prices, opening times, address etc. Make sure this is all easily accessible
- Proofread before you post! Spelling and grammar mistakes can be you look unprofessional so make sure to read everything back before posting it
In terms of when to post, there isn’t a definitive answer. Posting times and amounts will be different for every business. The most important thing is frequency. If you start posting 3 times a day and are seeing good results with this, stay consistent with this. Neil Patel says "If you make a habit of posting several times a day and then transition to only a few times a week, you will start to lose followers and generate less engagement per post".